runhers is official training partner for the 2015 OKC Go Girl Run
We are happy to announce we are partnering with Ultramax Sports to be the Official Training Group for the 2015 Go Girl Run slated for March 22nd, 2015. The event start and finish area is set at the spectacular OKC Myriad Gardens. The race is a women’s only half marathon and 5K. We are providing both half marathon and 5K training for free in OKC and Norman groups. We have a $10 off registration discount code (runhers10) – and you can register at: http://ultramaxsports.com/gogirlrun//oklahomacity/home.html
Our 12 week training plan kicks off this Monday, December 29th and the first group run will be Saturday, January 3rd. We will be updating on Facebook pages, Twitter feed (@runhers) and via Constant Contact e-mail if you opt in. We will provide location, time and any other training tips for the week.
This training group is for all ages and abilities, and we gladly welcome new walkers and runners! Each Saturday, we will map a safe training route, provide water along the route, and at the start/finish. We will also teach some warm ups, running drills, etc. and have some other mini clinics along the way. Mostly though, we want you to have fun! Yes, we’ll work – but we’re all in this together, and we want to help you any way we can to achieve your goal. Oh, and one last thing … what’s said on the run, stays on the run! ; )
Some of the highlights are below:
Go Girl Run OKC Event Highlights:
- All Half Marathon participants will receive a New Balance women’s cut technical t-shirt.
- 5K participants will receive a women’s cut cotton t-shirt.
- **All 5K participants will have the option to upgrade to the New Balance Technical Shirt for $10 when they register.
- Boutique Expo with women-specific vendors.
- New 5K Couples Competition – Grab your significant other and race together!
- Ultramax Sports Pace Teams
- Go Girl On-Demand apparel available at Packet Pickup and on Race Day.
- Custom Go-Girl Finisher Medals for both the Half and the 5K!
- Custom-etched wine glasses for all finishers.
- Champagne served at the finish line.
- Extended finish time limit for walkers.
- Overall & Age Group Awards – We go four-deep in every age group!
- Live Results Station
- Free Race Photos
- USATF Sanctioned Race