We are very excited to be partnering with OKC’s Metro Family Magazine and the 32nd Annual Redbud Classic for this exciting 5K beginner sofa2sucess project. This year’s RedBud Class is scheduled for April 6th, 2014. The training is free of charge and open to everyone! You can register at http://www.metrofamilymagazine.com/Web-2013/Metrofamilys-Redbud-Classic-5K-Sign-Up-Form/
Here is a breakdown of how the program will work:
- Training will begin on Monday, February 10, 2014 and will run for 8 consecutive weeks.
- MetroFamily will send you an email on Sunday night with your training program to follow for the coming week. The training program is based on runhers popular “Sofa2Success” program and will guide you each step of the way. At the end of the 8 weeks, you will be ready to run or walk the Redbud Classic 5K on Sunday, April 6, 2014.
- Your first training email will be sent on Sunday, February 9th—so get your running shoes ready!
- The training program will be administered by runhers Coach Sara McCauley. Learn more about Sara below.
- In addition to the training emails, MetroFamily will also be featuring blogs by four local moms (Carrie, Serena, Rachel and Alicia) as they progress through the training program. You can read about their efforts, receive inspiration and tips and follow along as they prepare for the 5K right along with you.
- We will host welcome and informational meetings for everyone participating in the program on February 1st at 10am and again on Wednesday, February 5th at 6pm. Both meetings will be held at The Belle Isle Library, 5501 N Villa Ave, in Oklahoma City. This will allow you to meet Coach Sara, ask questions, meet other participating moms and get pumped up about this training program. We hope you will be able to join us—it will be fun!
In the meantime, be sure to register for the Redbud Classic at www.redbud.org and consider joining the runhers women’s association for additional information and support (runhers.com)
Here is a welcome from Coach Sara:
My name is “Coach Sara” and we are honored to be working with MetroFamily Magazine and all of you as we train for the 2014 RedBud Classic in April. I head up the training programs at runhers women’s association, headquartered here in Oklahoma City. I am a nationally certified RRCA Running Coach and a NASM Certified Personal Trainer. I am excited to work with you all and see you through this fun endeavor. We will meet up soon to discuss details and answer any training questions or concerns you may have! Congratulations on making this commitment, you will inspire many through your training. Looking forward to meeting you all!
We look forward to training with you—and hope to meet you in person at one of our welcome events!